As an architect for industrial facilities, you’ve no doubt encountered many different kinds of flooring options. However, if you’ve ever needed something to provide a smooth, attractive, and hygienic finish, then you might have wondered if there was someone who could provide industrial flooring coatings near me and come across an overwhelming range of options ‒ some better than others. With more than 40 years of experience in this space, we at Technical Finishes believe that we are in a prime position to give you advice and help you better understand more about industrial floor coatings so that, as an architect, you can offer your clients a more informed choice.
We offer a range of epoxy and polyurethane floor coatings to suit a wide range of industrial solutions, so we can provide ample insight into these options and show you why they might be the best options for your facility.
Polyurethane Floor Coatings
Polyurethane coatings provide a smooth and seamless finish to floors that is simultaneously attractive and functional. This kind of coating excels in its ability to withstand harsh chemicals and resist abrasion in high-traffic industrial areas. Because they have a slightly rubbery texture, polyurethane floor coatings also have the benefit of being non-slip, which improves safety by reducing accidents.
One of the greatest benefits of polyurethane floor coatings is their hygienic properties. In particular, our Polyscreed© range features antimicrobial silver ion technology, which makes them ideal for the food and beverage industries as well as pharmaceutical industries.
Here are the polyurethane floor coatings that we offer for industrial applications:
- A single-component, pigmented, water-based polyurethane coating called Solidkote Turbo WB offers a tough and aesthetically pleasing matte finish.
- With exceptional resistance to chemicals, abrasion, and wear, Solidkote PU is a tough, hard, single-pack polyurethane coating.
- Exceptional in its ability to withstand impact and abrasion, Solidkote Impact is a modified, multi-functional, high-build polyurethane resin flooring system.
- A high-performance three-component polyurethane roller coat resin system called PolyScreed Lockcoat offers good physical and chemical resistance in demanding industrial environments.
- A UV stable, non-chalking, high-gloss finish that retains its sheen is what Solidkote UVC, a twin-pack, acrylic-modified, aliphatic polyurethane coating, achieves.
- A UV stable, non-chalking, high-gloss finish with excellent gloss retention can also be achieved with Solidguard PUR, which is a twin-pack, acrylic-modified, aliphatic polyurethane coating.
- A two-component, water-dispersed acrylic-modified polyurethane called Solidkote UV Satin creates a satin finish that is both long-lasting and appealing to look at.
- A cutting-edge, one-component, water-based polyurethane coating called Solidkote Q9 Sealer is used to seal porous tile and concrete substrates.
- Solidkote Ultra Tough is a high-performance polyaspartic coating with a high-gloss finish that is hard-wearing, UV-stable, and durable. Perfect for applications requiring improved durability, good chemical resistance, and minimal downtime.
Epoxy Floor Coatings
Epoxy floor coatings also provide a smooth and seamless finish to any floor, sealing it against moisture ingress and making it far easier to keep clean. While the glossy finish that epoxy floors provide might not be for everyone, it certainly looks as clean as it is, which is sure to impress.
Epoxy floor coatings are made from a resinous material that hardens into a clear, silky-smooth surface that is extremely hard. This makes it impact-resistant and capable of withstanding high levels of abrasive or corrosive action. As such, it is ideal for a variety of industrial applications.
Epoxy floor coating is less expensive than polyurethane to install, but might require more frequent refurbishing.
Some of the epoxy floor coatings that we offer are as follows:
- Solidkote WB is a semi-gloss water-based epoxy coating for floors and walls that is simple to apply.
- Solidkote 305 Enamel is a durable, flexible, solvent-based epoxy enamel coating for concrete, steel, or even wood surfaces used on walls and floors that require excellent chemical and water resistance.
- Solidkote 401, a liquid structural epoxy with a medium viscosity, is used in general construction and flooring applications.
- Solidguard HCP is a blend of chemically resistant Bisphenol-A resin and a high cross-linking activator. It is used in highly acidic or extremely alkaline environments.
One of the categories of coatings that we offer is our high-build coatings. These kinds of coatings are specially made for the industrial sector because they are extra thick and durable. They are designed to withstand the most extreme and harshest of applications.
High-build coatings are made with a higher viscosity and contain more solid content than traditional coatings. This allows them to be applied at much greater thicknesses per coating and reduces the number of coats needed, saving time during the application process and creating a thicker and tougher finish overall.
We offer both epoxy and polyurethane high-build coatings. Our epoxy high-build coatings are made from a combination of epoxy resin and a curing agent that hardens the epoxy upon application.
The polyurethane coating is based on polymers with a urethane bonding agent, which creates an extremely strong, flexible, and durable finish. Polyurethane high-build coatings are often used on metal surfaces, whereas epoxy high-build coatings are typically used on things like concrete.
However, regardless of the application, these high-build coatings can be applied relatively quickly to offer superior protection for demanding applications. We offer three key high-build floor coatings:
- A high build, two-component, solvent-free epoxy flooring topcoat is called Solidkote Robust;
- A polyurethane resin flooring system known as Solidkote Impact that is multipurpose, high-build, and also solvent-free, and
- A three-component, solvent-free, self-levelling epoxy coating called Solidflow SL 1000, which is applied at a thickness of 1 mm.
Now that you’ve learned more about the benefits and uses of polyurethane and epoxy flooring solutions, there is no need to search for “industrial floor coatings near me” since you’re already in the right place.
To get access to our wide range of flooring products and to get expert advice on your next architectural project, contact us at Technical Finishes today!